Spill Prevention and Response
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
The course is for anyone who stores, handles, uses, moves or supervises chemicals or fuels.
We've all seen the news about the affects that fuel or chemical spills can have on the environment, not to mention the financial implications on businesses for cleaning up or even legal costs as a result.
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced supervisor looking to refresh your skills, we'll ensure the course is suitable, useful and rewarding.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.Call us Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in the knowledge and skills to store or move chemicals and fuels safely and deal with incidents in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand your responsibilities under current relevant legislation and approved codes of practice, including the Petroleum Spirits Storage Regulations (Jersey) 2001 and the UK - COSHH Regulations 2002 and Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR) 2002.
- Identify relevant products, hazard zones including on site drainage systems, waterways and other risks involved with spills and leaks.
- Understand the importance of spill prevention and the requirements to have a plan in place.
- How to store, transport and transfer hazardous fuels and oils.
- Respond in the event of a spill or leak, and know how to dispose of contaminated material safely.
- Select the correct absorbent materials and clean up equipment, including PPE.
- Provide an induction for all new employees covering, safe site operation in relation to hazardous products and spill response kits.
- Practical use of equipment and approved products.
This course meets the statutory requirements of the relevant legislation, whether local or UK, and other relevant statutory provisions and approved Codes of Practice
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a 4safety certificate.
Novice: Call to discuss
Re-certification: 1/2 day
4safety, Home Farm, Rue de Grouville, Jersey, JE3 9HP, or at the customer's premises.
Call to discuss so we can tailor the training to your specific needs and industry