Skip or Hook Lift Operator
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
The course is for anyone who needs to operate either a skip or hook lift.
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced operator looking to refresh your skills, we'll ensure the course is suitable, useful and rewarding.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.Call us Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in either skip or hook lifts. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Operate either machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and accepted good practice
- Carry out a pre-start inspection, minor adjustments, daily checks and routine maintenance
- Provide clear communication and signalling
- Trim and secure loads
- Perform safe, efficient lifting and loading/off-loading techniques for empty/loaded skips
- Operate safely under varying site conditions
- Understand your responsibilities under the Jersey ACOP 12 Skip and Hook Loaders Approved Code of Practice
- Understand your responsibilities under current relevant legislation and other approved codes of practice
This course meets the statutory requirements of the relevant legislation, whether local or UK, and other relevant statutory provisions and approved Codes of Practice.
It's important that the training is enjoyable, relevant and useful. That's why all of our courses are tailored to your needs. The following information is for general guidance, and we are happy to discuss your content, duration, location, certification and cost requirements.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests. All of our trainers are accredited.
4safety can train/assess up to three experienced candidates in one day for most equipment/machine courses. If they are not experienced then this will take longer depending on the complexity of the machine, the number of candidates and their aptitude for operating the equipment. The non-equipment based courses can normally accommodate 6 candidates depending on the course and level of experience.
As with all of our courses, we ask if the candidates can read and understand English. We can provide a translator for the entire course or just for the theory if necessary, but there is an extra charge and we need to know this at the booking stage.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a 4safety certificate. Nationally accredited certification for NPORS is also available for an additional cost per person per category.
Novice: Contact us to discuss
Re-certification: 1 day
4safety, Home Farm, Rue de Grouville, Jersey, JE3 9HP, or at the customer's premises.
Please contact us to discuss how we can tailor a plan to meet your requirements