Forklift & Materials Handling Equipment Supervisors
Why take this course?
This course is for anyone who manages or supervises forklifts and materials handling equipment and those who operate it.
Covering all aspects of their use and just as importantly, the environment in which machines operate it allows the successful candidate to plan, prepare and deliver a safe, efficient workplace.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.Call us Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in how to manage and supervise the efficient operation of materials handling equipment such as forklifts, reach trucks and telescopic handlers.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Plan and prepare a safe and efficient work space for MHE
- Identify dangerous driver habits and correct them before an accident or near miss occurs.
- Comply with the supervisory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work (Jersey) Law 1989
- Encourage best practice and reduce costly damage to equipment
- Issue operator authorisation certificates and maintain written MHE records
- Comply with the relevant Cranes and Lifting Appliances (Jersey) regulation 1978
- Comply with the Safe use of Fork Lift Trucks in the workplace (ACoP 6 ) Revised 2022
It's important that the training is enjoyable, relevant and useful. That's why all of our courses are tailored to your needs. The following information is for general guidance, and we are happy to discuss your content, duration, location, certification and cost requirements.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
The purpose of the course is to introduce candidates to the requirements of this critical role, the training and safe operating practices that should be at the heart of any material handling equipment environment.
This is a one day course which is delivered through a combination of classroom based tutorials and risk assessment exercise. You will be assessed by sitting a written exam and with a series of hazard perception videos.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a nationally accredited RTITB Managing and Supervising Materials Handling Equipment certificate.
This is a one day course for up to 6 supervisors or managers
Courses are held at 4safety in one of our dedicated classrooms with all necessary facilities. It is important to be away from the normal place of work , to allow for an interruption and pressure free environment
Please contact us to discuss