Industrial Manual Handling
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is for anyone who must assess or plan industrial manual handling operations, or must otherwise use safe manual handling techniques and lessen the risks of personal injury, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work law 1989 and the UK best practice, Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, PUWER & LOLER
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced operator looking to refresh your skills, we'll ensure the course is suitable, useful and rewarding.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.Call us Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in safe and efficient manual handling. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Provide information for the completion of a risk assessment & method statement
- Demonstrate practical handling techniques
- Show an understanding and recognition of the associated injuries
- Select and utilise mechanical aids safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and accepted good practice
- Carry out a pre-use inspection, daily checks and routine maintenance
- Operate safely under varying site conditions
- Show an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Law 1989 & other current relevant legislation
This course meets the statutory requirements of the relevant legislation, whether local or UK, and other relevant statutory provisions and approved Codes of Practice.
It's important that the training is enjoyable, relevant and useful. That's why all of our courses are tailored to your needs. The following information is for general guidance, and we are happy to discuss your content, duration, location, certification and cost requirements.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests. All of our trainers are accredited.
4safety can train/assess up to 6 candidates depending on the course and level of experience.
As with all of our courses, we ask if the candidates can read and understand English. We can provide a translator for the entire course or just for the theory if necessary, but there is an extra charge and we need to know this at the booking stage.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a 4safety certificate. Nationally accredited certification for NPORs is also available for an additional cost per person per category.
Novice: 5 hours
Re-certification: 5 hours
4safety, Home Farm, Rue de Grouville, Jersey, JE3 9HP, or at the customer's premises.
Please contact us.