Load and Secure
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course covers the loading, transportation and unloading of plant, material and equipment from a transporter, it covers all aspects of the work from correctly siting the transportation vehicle to the safe attachment of restraining devices.
These tasks have a surprising breadth that requires suitable training to master. Candidates will feel more comfortable when securing equipment and materials, whilst having the confidence in their ability to load, transport and unload these and more. This leaves everyone confident that everything arrives in one piece, because once you start to fear that you dropped something along the way, the worrying won't stop.
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced operator looking to refresh your skills, we'll ensure the course is suitable, useful and rewarding.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.01534 744710 Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in the loading, transportation and unloading from a transporter. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Show an understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Select and use the correct securing equipment
- Show a working knowlegde of the manufacturer's handbook for the particular transporter to be used and relevant legislation
- Identify different types of vehicles and securing systems, explain their purpose, the major components, basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer's and legislative requirements
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the loading, unloading area
- Ensure that the transporter is correctly configured in readiness for loading and unloading
- Correctly site a transportation vehicle and safely attach restraining devices
- Explain hazards that may exist in the work area and how to avoid them, e.g. underground services, overhead power lines etc.
- Arrange and secure items of pant on transport vehicle ready for transport on the public highway
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This course meets the statutory requirements of the relevant legislation, whether local or UK, and other relevant statutory provisions and approved Codes of Practice.
It's important that the training is enjoyable, relevant and useful. That's why all of our courses are tailored to your needs. The following information is for general guidance, and we are happy to discuss your content, duration, location, certification and cost requirements.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests. All of our trainers are accredited.
4safety can train/assess up to three experienced candidates in one day for most equipment/machine courses. If they are not experienced then this will take longer depending on the complexity of the machine, the number of candidates and their aptitude for operating the equipment. The non-equipment based courses can normally accommodate 6 candidates depending on the course and level of experience.
As with all of our courses, we ask if the candidates can read and understand English. We can provide a translator for the entire course or just for the theory if necessary, but there is an extra charge and we need to know this at the booking stage.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a 4safety certificate. Nationally accredited certification for NPORS is available for £45+GST per person.
Novice: Call to discuss
Re-certification: 1 day
4safety, Home Farm, Rue de Grouville, Jersey, JE3 9HP, or at the customer's premises.
Novice: Call to discuss
Re-certification from £185+GST