Industrial Instructor - Jersey
4safety, part of the 4Group of companies, wishes to employ a committed team player to join the 4safety team in providing industrial training to our diverse range of commercial clients as well as to assist with the ongoing training and development of their own 4Group personnel.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to join a growing team and be at the forefront of delivering relevant, high quality, tailored and specialist accredited training and development solutions in the Channel Islands.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent customer service skills
- an ability to work effectively as part of a team to instruct and assist both 4group and external customers
- recent relevant industrial or commercial experience together with Health and Safety knowledge and/or skills
- experience in the safe operation & use of a variety of equipment
- desire to develop their knowledge & skills of machinery & equipment
- a professional & positive manner
- motivation to learn as well as the ability to empower and engage others
- have a keen eye for detail and able to adhere to the standards set by our accrediting bodies
- be able to use IT
- you will also be required to travel by mutual arrangement, to present courses, or for your own personal development
- be willing to assist in planning & delivering bespoke training
- Identify and familiarise yourself with relevant information relating to all the varied subjects and equipment you will be instructing on
- Retain and pass on the correct information relating too, manufactures instruction manuals, the law and ACoPs that are relevant to the above.
- Setup and organise on a daily basis, the training area and environment for the particular course
- Develop, modify and continually improve course outlines and presentations
- Maintain a positive learning environment, use props and learning resources
- Provide academic assistance to candidates or information on further education
- be able to keep control of groups and not to be intimidated by individuals
- Prepare paper work for daily courses
- Grade and comment on the individual candidates, scan the paper work to admin
- Provide a safe environment for learning to take place ie, good housekeeping standards to be upheld, ensure equipment is checked or serviced before and after use
- Provide a hand over service of new equipment to customers, when required
- Assist the parent company with deliveries, driver assessments and other general duties if required
Knowledge and Skills required
- Proficient user of Construction or Industrial equipment
- High level of professionalism and interest in continuous professional development.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Appropriate first aid training
- PTTLS qualification
- Experience of working with people with varying academic abilities and English abilit
Further training will be offered to the right candidates looking to embrace the team mentality and offer the best services we can
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.
Please send your CV's by email marked “Industrial Instructor” to email@example.com